Jennifer Lee Welch
Music Therapist, Hypnotherapist, Cellular Release Therapist, Gestalt Therapeutic Process Facilitator, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner & Embodiment Facilitator
Hello, I'm so glad you're here!
A few words about me... I began my own healing journey early in my life after experiencing a traumatic and life-changing head injury. During this difficult and painful time, I turned to music and dance and found that not only did they offer comfort, context and meaning for the difficulties I was facing, but when I actively engaged in making music and studying dance, I experienced a greater vitality and joy that supported my body and mind in working together in the healing process. This led me to studying music therapy and working in the music therapy field for over thirteen years.
Later in life as an adult I began struggling with incredibly painful relationship patterns. After reading a book about past life regression therapy, I began seeing a hypnotherapist to address the relationship difficulties I was experiencing. I was thrilled by the transformation and growth that followed! Working with a hypnotherapist allowed me to not only address the symptoms of what I was experiencing, but also allowed for space to explore and address the root causes for these difficulties. As I addressed painful inner dynamics and their causes, my outer relationships began to look and feel completely different.
As the exciting changes I felt on the inside began to be mirrored by profound changes in my outer daily life, I knew I had to share the gems that I had found so helpful with the clients I am honored to serve. This led to my studying and offering hypnotherapy, Cellular Release Therapy, Gestalt Therapeutic Processes and Somatic Experiencing work.
I see that each of us is on our own hero or heroine's journey, making our way "home" to the true nature of who we are. In this light, any life experience you have - whether pleasant and enjoyable or painful and traumatic - can be a portal to more intimately knowing both your own humanity, as well as your divine nature. And it is from this understanding that I offer transformational therapeutic tools for awakening and embodiment.
I feel that the closer we can be - to our own truth, to the felt experience of the body and emotions, and to the Great Mystery that breathes and moves us - the more we are able to create relationships and experiences that are joyful and fulfilling. It is my hope that this is what I offer in the services I provide, a pathway home to yourself, held in the palm of unconditional compassion and love.
These days, I enjoy a rich and truly satisfying personal life. I have a deep connection with my inner spiritual life and I am delighted to be doing work I truly love.
I love cooking clean, healthy, delicious food with exotic flavors. In fact, I’ve been known to be a “snobby foodie”. I love to read books on self-help, psychology, spirituality, mythological stories, and biographies. I also love listening to many kinds of music and I play the piano, guitar, flute, and also sing.
I am passionate about creating “good relations” – relationships based on kindness, mutual honor, honesty, respect, and support. I'm married to my dearest friend and together we have had the delightful pleasure of being parents to our four-legged ones - our sweet cat, Charlie Parker, and my beloved bloodhound, Miles, who passed away in 2018. These incredible pets have truly shown me what unconditional love is.
It is my great pleasure to share the work I know and love in the world and if you feel called to working together in some way, I would be honored to be walking beside you.
As each of us is awakening to our truth, embodying our brilliance and whole-heartedly engaging in our lives, we are changing the world.
My educational background has included
- Bachelor's Degree from Phillips University in Music Therapy - 1999
- Usui Reiki Attunement - 2001
- Regular attendance at CoDependence Anonymous in Pittsbugh, PA from 2003-2005
- Hypnotherapy Certification from Colorado School of Counseling Hypnotherapy 2006
- Past Life Regression Certification from Colorado School of Counseling Hypnotherapy 2007
- Cellular Release Therapy Certification from Colorado School of Counseling Hypnotherapy 2007
- Hypnobirthing Fertility Therapist from Hypnobirthing Institute 2008
- Accelerated Healing and Pain Management from Hypnotherapy Academy of America 2010
- Mind-Body Fertility Certification from Denver School of Hypnotherapy 2010
- Blissborn Childbirth Certification from Hypnotherapy Academy of America 2010
- Women's Leadership Training from Awakening Women Institute 2014
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner training from Somatic Experiencing Training Institute 2018
- Gestalt Therapeutic Process Training from The Pennsylvania Gestalt Center 2018