to the Temple of Feminine Awakening
Welcome, Precious Sister ~
Here in this sacred moment
You are invited to settle into the soft, infinite space of your heart
To awaken to the wild innocence and wisdom carried in your bones and sung through your woman's body and soul...
You are invited to come alive to the precious, sensual, brilliant gift that YOU are,
Right here, right now.
Precious Sister, you are invited to claim your seat in the Lawrence Women's Temple circle.
Lawrence Women's Temple is a sacred circle that we create for ourselves and our sisters when we come together with a shared intention of spiritual awakening.
In Temple, we do not sit around and talk about what we think embodied awakening is, instead we practice stepping directly into a real, lived awakening as we move our awareness from the mental stories we tell ourselves about who we are in the world, into our breath, our bodies and the felt sense of the moment as it arises and moves through us. In Temple, we give ourselves time and space to be breathed and moved by the feminine waters within.
Sister, your body, in this sacred moment, is the divine portal that holds the keys to your living as a woman AWAKE to who you are and why you are here. In Temple, our practices connect us with Truth that lives beyond our fears and limited self images. Instead of enforcing the status quo by focusing on our problems and personal shortcomings, we navigate from Presence and inner guidance so that we are not exhausting ourselves from a tense, competitive and ego-centered state of mind.
In Temple, all of you is welcome! Every morsel of your being is held as important and necessary - the glittery and wise parts of you, as well as the sad, disappointed, fearful or hidden aspects of you. In feminine embodiment practice, each facet of you is necessary for your living the fullness of your sacred essence.
Lawrence Women's Temple meets monthly on Sunday
2pm - 4pm
at Be Moved Studio - 2 E 7th St.
Lawrence, KS 66044
Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
December 15 - Solstice Celebration
January 19 - Kali's Wild Fire
February 9 - Butterflies and Flowers
March 15 - Sacred Grief Ceremony
April 19 - Riding Durga's Tiger
May 17 - Deeper Gifts
A Taste of our Temple Practices
- Entering deeper into our divine female bodies, our hips, yonis and breasts, through dance, stretching, and free flow of movement.
- Becoming one body of female divine essence through touch, dance and movement and spontaneous flow of the moment. (This practice is to open our bodies to more of the divine feminine energy and receive nourishment from each other, strengthening, relaxing, healing and filling up our own cups).
- Seeing deeply into each other, seeing each woman’s beauty, gifts, most true expression, essence, soul colors and loving each flavor of the divine feminine. Sharing what we see in each woman.
- Pleasure as a way to presence. Women are made for pleasure and we enjoy that through feeding each other strawberries, smelling incredible flowers, rubbing on yummy oils or any other fun, juicy way we can think of.
- Feeling all the way to essence, allowing expression of how deeply we feel, being in a free flow of presence with each other, sharing our emotions through bodily and voice expression and creating beauty through that.
- Sharing our gifts in the circle.
- Embodying the different aspects of the divine feminine, like Kali, Tara, the Mother, and Aphrodite etc etc. Supporting each other in expressing qualities we may hide.
- Prayer & Gratitude, allowing and opening up to our deepest devotion.
Some Ways Temple Practice May Benefit You
- Participating in a sisterhood of women committed to their own awakening
- Increased connection – with yourself, Mother Nature, other women, your community
- Opportunity to claim who you are, and why you are here
- Increase your capacity to stay awake, present and engaged with each moment
- Increase your sensory awareness as you connect with your body: colors might be brighter, aromas more potent, respectful touch more deeply received….
- Emotions become energy in motion that they can be allowed and felt then move, shift and change
- Claiming pleasure, joy, connection and love as your divine right
**Lawrence Women’s Temple is based on the work of Chameli Ardagh and Awakening Women Institute. Much of our practice, and most of the text on this page is used with kind permission from Chameli and AWI.
About Jennifer, Lawrence Women’s Temple Mama and Space Holder ~
I found Women’s Temple during a time of transition, after I had moved from Denver to Lawrence. I had left spiritual communities I had been a part of in Denver and was longing to create a women’s spiritual community in Lawrence. However, to support my longing, I wasn’t too interested in creating a whole new wheel and went to the internet for inspiration. It was during this time that I found Awakening Women Institute and Chameli Ardagh, and immediately I realized that I had happened upon something radically different from anything I had encountered before. After reading the Temple manual, every cell in my body ached for what is offered in Temple Practice. I attended Chameli’s Temple Leadership training in 2014 and have been offering Lawrence Women’s Temple (in a few different forms) ever since.
Because of the powerful richness that feminine embodiment practice has brought to my life, it is my great pleasure to share this work with you!
The Women’s temple is not a therapy or a support group. It is a space where we come to mirror, celebrate and empower each other. A space where we can drop our masks, and let the beauty of our authentic face be seen in all its glory and pain, passion and vulnerability. In our Women’s temple, we meet beyond the personal, and in this expanded meeting the collective feminine as well as the personal feminine is healed and celebrated.
While in some ways Temple Practices are simple, we do go deep into the heart of Presence. The spiritual background of each of the women of Lawrence Women’s Temple spans a variety of traditions and teachings. We honor them all. And, in Women’s Temple, we offer devotion to and particularly practice in the energy of the Divine Goddess, in all of her archetypal forms (Gaia, Mother Mary, Gayatri, Kali, Lakshmi, Rhea, Cybele, Terre Mater, Pachamama, etc....) for deeper connection, wisdom, guidance, and expression.
You need not subscribe to any particular dogma or group to join us; we welcome all women, of any and all faiths and spiritual orientations.
If these practices speak to you, we would love to have you join us in circle.
I bow to you, to your heart, your life, and the longing inside that has moved you to be right here, right now.
If you have any additional questions, please contact me at 785-760-7259.
You can also find us on Facebook here.
What a wild ride this human life is. Every moment is an opportunity to show up fully as we are, an opportunity to create and be created. The choice is always between turning our back to the moment, or turning our vulnerable, open heart and belly toward the moment. ~Embodying the Feminine by Chameli Ardagh, Awakening Women