Frequently Asked Questions
I offer sessions both in person, and via video conferencing technology such as Skype, Facetime or Zoom.
Sessions typically last 90 minutes and may occasionally last up to two hours.
For your initial assessment session, please plan for two hours in case the extra time is needed.
I invite you to read through the statements below and identify if any of them are true for you
- You are feeling disconnected from yourself, your life, or your loved ones
- You are struggling with painful emotional patterns such as anxiety or depression
- You are preparing for – or are in the midst of – some kind of major life transition such as changing jobs, leaving or starting a relationship, or starting a family, etc… and are feeling grief, nervousness, or hesitation in moving forward
- You feel lost in your life and confused as to what you want or how to move forward
- You have experienced abuse or trauma in the past and suspect that it may be affecting your current life or relationships
- You have a pattern of being in abusive or painful relationships
- You have difficulty trusting yourself
- You have difficulty letting go of past hurts and find yourself thinking about them with shame, anger, grief, or regret
- You are critical and judgmental of yourself or others
- You get into cycles of blaming others or outside influences for your current experience
- You make a conscious decision to do things differently but then find that you “sabotage” yourself, keeping you from fully stepping into your intention
- You desire a greater Spiritual or heart centered, joyful experience of life
If you find one, or even many of the statements above true for you, this can be a sign that doing some personal inner healing work may be beneficial for you. Doing inner healing work allows you to release the pain of the past so that you can connect more deeply with yourself, as well as others.
I specialize in working with clients who are in the midst of a life change, as well as those who are healing from trauma, abuse or painful relationship patterns.
These issues can be complex and may include
- Abusive Relationship(s)
- Birth Preparation
- Body Image Issues
- Childhood Abuse
- Dysfunctional Relationship Patterns
- Eating or Food Challenges
- Family of Origin Issues
- Food Issues
- Grief/Loss of a loved one
- Life Transitions
- Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
- Personal Womb or Birth Trauma
- Post Par-tum Depression
- Sexual Abuse
- Spiritual Development
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Loss
You respond to life, and the events of life, based on your own inner dynamics. When you go through a process of doing inner healing work, you are able to move to a place of personal power, rather than being a victim of life’s circumstances.
There are many benefits of doing this work, some of which include
- Greater self acceptance, honor and love
- Feeling lighter, more peaceful and free
- Greater calm, peace and confidence
- Greater connection with your body
- Increased emotional awareness and regulation
- Improved boundaries
- Improved ability to express yourself
- Resolving and releasing painful or dysfunctional patterns
- Forgiveness of yourself, others, and the past
- Improved relationships
- Greater creativity
- Powerfully living your authentic essence
- Freedom from the past
Using these tools will allow you to
- Use breath work, relaxation, visualization and compassionate attention to calm the central nervous system so that you can experience greater peace and clarity
- Release other’s energy and limiting ideas about who you are and how you show up in the world so that you can step into your own authentic essence
- Establish connection and communication with your body and spirit so that you experience the support and wisdom of your body and inner guidance
- Clear the energy and impact of past painful experiences so that you make present-life decisions from a place personal power and choice rather than fear and pain
- Address and resolve the root cause of limiting inner dynamics, beliefs, or fears about yourself so that you experience greater confidence and self belief
- Have the inner support, tools and confidence you need to move forward into the life your heart yearns for.
When you use mind-body-spirit work such as hypnotherapy, Cellular Release Therapy and Somatic Experiencing you will have the tools you need to experience lasting change that comes from the inside. This allows you to live an authentic life, connected to your own body and spirit. Authentic living honors and accepts you – all of you. Living from this place offers you the freedom and peace to be exactly who you are. This can literally “change the world” for you!
You are likely to be successful with this work and experience changes in your inner dynamics and outer life if you
- Have a deep desire to learn and grow
- Are willing and open to trying new things
- Have a desire to thrive in your life and your relationships
- You want to live from a place of personal power, choice, and love rather than fear
- Have a desire to be more loving and accepting of yourself and others
- You are willing to put time and effort into making your own inner life a priority.
It’s important to put your own oxygen mask on first, before assisting others. Making a commitment to yourself and your own healing journey is an important first step in experiencing the change you long for!
The course and length of our work together will be determined by the presenting issues and your own personal goals. Each session lasts approximately 90 minutes to two hours.
Typically, I record the inner work done in the first session so that you can listen to this recording at home. I may also record subsequent sessions, depending on what is being addressed.
There are some issues that can be addressed and resolved in a few sessions, while other issues may be more complex and take longer to address, during your initial session, I may be able to have an estimated idea as to how many sessions we might want to look at for the issues you are addressing.
Healing occurs in layers. Sometimes clients find that after initial goals have been achieved, maintenance sessions are beneficial to either address new realizations pertinent to the initial presenting issue, or work on new issues that have surfaced.
The ultimate goal that I hold for each client is to experience healing, expansion, and integration of body, mind, spirit, and emotions that allows for the joyful and healthy expression of the Self.
- Cellular Release Therapy™ - Cellular Release Therapy is a highly effective and thorough hypnotherapy technique that is used to release accumulated programming, traumatic events, or patterns from the body, mind, emotions, energy system, and soul. Due to the nature of the protocol used for this process, the emotional charge, thinking patterns, and beliefs that are created due to traumatic events, or patterns of events, are cleared without having to re-experience the trauma itself. This work is incredibly powerful and effective.
- Core Transformation – This work is based on the idea that all patterns of thought, behavior, or emotion have positive intentions for you. Even those patterns that you may consider challenging such as depression, or anxiety, want something wonderful for you! This work assists you in realizing the positive intention of challenging patterns of thought, behavior or emotion, healing any trauma or mis-perceptions that created them, and integrating them with the Self.
- Energy Recall & Return - Addressing relationship difficulties by releasing and returning any energy you have taken on from another person or situation as well as recalling all of your own energy, healing this energy, and integrating it back into your own body, heart, soul, and energy system.
- Gestalt Therapeutic Process - Gestalt means "to make whole"; gestalt therapeutic processes focus on symptoms/issues/challenges that are happening in the present moment to provide clues to unresolved circumstances from the past. The gestalt therapeutic process offers an experience of resolution to previously unmet and unresolved needs.
- Regression Therapy (Including Past Life Regression Therapy) – Moving through time to bring healing and change to key events or causal areas of challenging patterns.
- Self-hypnosis – A self-directed hypnosis process that you will do on your own to deepen the healing between sessions.
- Somatic Experiencing - A form of therapy aimed at relieving the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental and physical trauma-related symptoms by focusing on the body sensations (or somatic experiences) to help regulate the nervous system.
- Visualization/Affirmation – Using your inner awareness to “see, sense, hear, or feel” various situations or scenarios and then expanding the possibility for your having the experience of a desired outcome.
In general, the law protects the confidentiality of all communications between a client and practitioner. However, there are number of exceptions to this rule. Exceptions include:
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse. The therapist is required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s. The therapist must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself. The therapist will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, further measures may be taken without their permission in order to ensure their safety.