Jennifer Lee Welch
Music Therapist, Hypnotherapist, Cellular Release Therapist, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner & Gestalt Therapeutic Practitioner
Hello, I'm so glad you're here! A few words about me... I began my own healing journey early in my life after experiencing a traumatic and life-changing head injury. During this difficult and painful time, I turned to music and dance and found that not only did they offer comfort, context and meaning for the difficulties I was facing, but when I actively engaged in making music and dance, I experienced greater vitality and joy that supported my body and mind in the healing process. This led me to studying music therapy and working in the music therapy field for over thirteen years.
Later in life as an adult I began struggling with incredibly painful relationship patterns. After reading a book about past life regression therapy, I began seeing a hypnotherapist to address the relationship difficulties and was thrilled by the transformation and growth that followed. Working with a hypnotherapist allowed me to not only address the symptoms of what I was experiencing, but also allowed for the room to explore and address the root causes for these difficulties. As I addressed painful inner dynamics and their causes, my outer relationships began to look and feel completely different.
As the exciting changes I felt on the inside began to be mirrored by profound changes in my outer daily life, I knew I had to share the gems that I had found so helpful with the clients I am honored to serve. This led to my studying and offering hypnotherapy, Cellular Release Therapy, Gestalt Therapeutic Processes and Somatic Experiencing work.
These days, I truly enjoy my life and the people, pets and experiences in it. I am married to my dearest friend and together we have created a peaceful, harmonious and loving home. I enjoy cooking and eating flavorful and healthy foods. I play the piano and enjoy reading all kinds of wonderful books. I am a committed yogini, dedicated to awakening to truth and love in all things.
I see that each of us is on our own hero or heroine's journey, making our way "home" to the true nature of who we are. In this light, any life experience you have - whether pleasant and enjoyable or painful and traumatic - can be a portal to more intimately knowing both your own humanity, as well as your divine nature. And it is from this understanding that I offer transformational therapeutic tools for awakening and embodiment.
I feel that the closer we can be - to our own truth, to the felt experience of the body and emotions, and to the Great Mystery that breathes and moves us - the more we are open to experiencing purpose and joy. It is my hope that this is what I offer in the services I provide, a pathway home to yourself, held in the palm of unconditional compassion and love.
If you feel called to learn more about working together, I'd love to meet with you.
My education has included:
- 2019 - Present - Graduate Music Therapy student at University of Kansas
- 2018 - Somatic Experiencing Practitioner through the Somatic Experiencing Training Institute
- 2018 - Gestalt Therapeutic Process Practitioner from the Pennsylvania Gestalt Center
- 2014 - Women's Leadership Training with Awakening Women Institute
- 2010 - Accelerated Healing and Pain Management Certification through Hypnotherapy Academy of America
- 2010 - Blissborn Hypnotherapy Certification through the Hypnotherapy Academy of America
- 2008 - Cellular Release Therapy through the Colorado Coaching and Hypnotherapy Training Institute
- 2008 - Hypnobirthing Fertility Certification through the Hypnobirthing Institute
- 2006 - Whole Health Hypnotherapy Certification through the Colorado School of Counseling Hypnotherapy
- 2001 - Usui Reiki
- 1999 - Bachelors of Music Therapy at Phillips University
- 2005 - Associate of Arts at Cottey College